Want to earn a quick $5? Send me a PM - TurkingBear

Thread: Good HIT's

Thanks

Question Good HIT's

Hello, I just started using Mturk. Can someone please help me on how to get good HIT's. I have done several but it seems like when I'm on a roll and go back I did them already but it allows me to do them again. I wish the ones you did would just go away so you don't duplicate. Any tips anyone could give me on how to be successful on Mturk would be great. I have done many qualifications already and realize that you don't even have to take a "qualification test" just hit the button. Thank-you.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,657 Times in 637 Posts

Well, you have found the best site, now you just need to find the best thread! We have a daily thread titled "Can't Find Good HITs (date)".

Here is today's

http://mturkforum.com/showthread.php...-HITs-12-16-12

Enjoy, welcome, and good luck!

Thanks

Yes, welcome...you will the hang of this in no time. This is a great forum with many helpful people.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,528 Times in 767 Posts

I'm quite confused by your post. It states something about the hits allowing you to do them again. If your doing hits then getting locked out, then able to do the same ones a day or two later, it seems as if your doing Crowdsource hits or something similar. Reason I say this, because some of them like Crowdsource have a limit on their hits. Some may allow you to do 10, 20, 50, 100 hits if your real lucky. Then it will lock you out for a day. Then the next day you can do them again.

On the other hand, if your question is meaning how to keep up with the hits you've already done for example, if you take a bunch of surveys and you want to keep up with which surveys you've already done. Then you might find using Excel, and create spread sheets dated daily. Make sure you save these spread sheets for long periods on your machine, because some times requesters post repeated surveys from weeks back.

On a side note, I found this all takes too much time for me. I do high paying surveys during very slow times. But 99% of the day, I'm doing batches. Whether people think their not there or they are, there's always batches up. At least from 2 am when I wake, until 9 pm when I sleep there is a decent batch always posted that you can work on. It's just a matter if you know how to effectively use the search bar perfectly or if your searching skills lack. Searching is one of the best improvements someone can learn while Turking. If you search effectively, there's a gold mine here.

Edit** Like someone mentioned above, if your first starting out, I suggest you follow the Greatest hits thread. It's posted daily on the forum and will keep you busy most of the day. Some days you'll have trouble keeping up with them guys. But if you do this long enough, you'll eventually learn the system, and how to fly away on your own. But you'll always be visiting back to this forum just as I am right now because it's very helpful. If there's anything else you need to know you can ask here or pm me and I'll help you the best I can.
    Last edited by razorbacks0121; 12-16-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. Can someone give me good tips on searching. Also what does it mean when you say batches? Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mturk4444 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Can someone give me good tips on searching. Also what does it mean when you say batches? Thanks.
    Please check out this forum. It has some great information there. Be sure to check out the thread titled General mTurk Terms & Glossary For New Turkers to answer you question regarding Batches.