Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't MTurk pay through PayPal?

User
    Thanks

Default Why doesn't MTurk pay through PayPal?

I have a PayPal Account and i get payment fromother sites through PayPal. it is easy and convenient. why doesn't Mturk pay through Paypal?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,450 Times in 825 Posts

They don't pay through paypal because Amazon has their own "payment system".

Thanks

Besides having their own system, Amazon and eBay (which owns Paypal) are also major competitors for sales of both new and used goods. Besides, eBay disallows Amazon Payments for eBay auctions, so it seems unlikely Amazon will ever offer Paypal.

Also, by keeping everything in-house, Amazon can more easily detect and respond to fraud issues.

User
    Thanks

That is all true. Amazon has recently added it's Amazon Payments system to compete with Paypal, but they still have a while to go, to really be in competition with them.

User
    Thanks

If you already have a checking account they have a great feature where you can put it right in your bank, surprisingly with no fees too!

User
    Thanks

For some reason amazon does not recognize my bank account as a real bank account. For now I have to just use my earings on amazon. Which has worked out so far. I need to buy supplies for my jewlery making and amazon has that.
    You can find me where you get paid to socializehttp://www.newyuwie.com/r/53848/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spiritwind View Post
    For some reason amazon does not recognize my bank account as a real bank account.
    That's odd. Did you contact them about it? There were some kinks when they were first rolling out the system, and there still might be a few.

One that bugs me is that when I opened my Payments account, it came with an utterly useless two-tenths of a cent sitting in it. Every time I disburse to my bank account, that two-tenths of a cent just sits there, defiantly undepositable. I wish somebody would pay me eight-tenths of a cent so I could finally get rid of it.
    Last edited by ergo; 01-26-2009 at 03:58 AM.

User
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ergo View Post
    That's odd. Did you contact them about it? There were some kinks when they were first rolling out the system, and there still might be a few.

One that bugs me is that when I opened my Payments account, it came with an utterly useless two-tenths of a cent sitting in it. Every time I disburse to my bank account, that two-tenths of a cent just sits there, defiantly undepositable. I wish somebody would pay me eight-tenths of a cent so I could finally get rid of it.
    I would be happy to send that to you, as long as you pay for postage.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,450 Times in 825 Posts

I also noticed there are three 0's after the decimal place. You would think they would correct this; I did not know we could pay people TENTHS of cents. (I might try it out on my requester account!)

Thanks

Yeah, I grumbled to Amazon about allowing requesters to do less than a cent. They pointed out that the reason they added fractional cent support at all was so that requesters could pay more reasonable amounts, eg. 1.5 cents on the quick and easy stuff instead of just 1 cent. That would be nice, but I don't think requesters realize they can do that.

Of course, maybe the feature isn't even offered anymore, but my experience with a stubborn 2/10s of a cent in my Payments account suggests that the capability is still there in some form.
    Last edited by ergo; 01-26-2009 at 06:48 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast