Want to earn a quick $5? Send me a PM - Cowfin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do people make $50-$100 a day?

Thanks

Default How do people make $50-$100 a day?

I've been turking for 5 months now and I see other people's stats where they make $50-$100 a day and for me that seems impossible. I know it's not though. I only do surveys and the most I've made in 1 day is $15.21 doing 22 hits. To make more do you have to do transcribing and writing hits? I also never do batches of hits. I don't understand what a batch of hits are or how to do it. Are the people making that kind of money turking full-time and working on it all day? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Thanks

You used to be able to make $50 a day doing writing HITs, but those good assignments don't seem to exist any more.

Doing batches of HITs is just when there are a lot of the same task available and you can click the "automatically accept next HIT" button and get in a groove and do a lot relatively quickly because you've memorized the instructions and format. There are a few requesters who pay $7 an hour or more that way. (although 95% of the bulk/batch hits only pay more like $2 an hour, sometimes even less.)

And yeah, I think you have to work your way up doing transcriptions to make over $50 a day now, as a general rule.

Banned
    Thanks

I don't do transcription. I aim for one $75-$100 day a week, and a $20-$25 minimum every other day, with weekends being whatever.

Get qualifications. Talk to requesters. That's how you do it. Oh and don't work for bullshit requesters who think 2 cents/minute is acceptable.

Thanks

Batch hits have gottten my daily average up. For an example. I started classify this hits at 6 am and by 9am had 1k of em done. All approved already $20 in me pocket. hell of a start to the day =]. GBatch hits are the way unless you are a good writer/transcriber.

Edit- 3 rejections. forgot to put that in =0
    Avoid rejections and Join TurkOpticon today.
    Earn more cash utilizing ARP with my Text or Video guide.
    Got Rejected? This INFO might help.
    Some advice on how to get hit specific QUALIFICATIONS.

In the Great HITS area you will find a thread named 'Can't Find Good HITs?' with a date. Hits get posted so fast it is hard to post one you found good to share. Quit Lurking, ask questions, offer help, share good hits, doing these simple things can have you earning great money.

User
    Thanks

It requires a few things:

1. Luck
    2. Good timing on batch hits
    3. The discipline to get through monotonous HITs.

I usually only make around $20 working on writing hits.

Thanks

Thanks for all the info It makes sense doing batch hits like Athena said. I thought about it and you save so much time because you don't have to waste time looking for hits, checking the requesters ratings, etc. You can just do hit after hit fast.

User
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scotched View Post
    It requires a few things:

1. Luck
    2. Good timing on batch hits
    3. The discipline to get through monotonous HITs.

I usually only make around $20 working on writing hits.
    Thanks, dude. you save my time to do this job.

User
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2muchTurkin View Post
    GBatch hits are the way unless you are a good writer/transcriber.
    If you don't mind me asking, what are "GBatch hits"?

User
    Thanks

Thanks for asking this question, jbird7. I've been wondering the same thing(s). I've been active since May 1 with over 1100 HITs and have yet to figure it out. Hopefully soon I'll have some $20 + days. I really like this job, but I don't like working ALL day for $ 13 (yesterday).

Guess just need to HANG IN THERE BABY :-)
    Reiki Precepts: Just for Today; I will not anger, I will not worry, I will do my work honestly, I will respect all living things, I will give thanks for my many blessings.

User
    Thanks

If you want to make $50 to a $100 a day, what you need to do is get everyone who lives in the US together. I would include the other countries if I knew what your wage standards were. In the US there is a federal minimum wage. The minimum wage on MTurk is close to $1.60/hr, primarily due to Crowdflower and the like offering the most work for far less pay.

Once all of the US workers were grouped together you could file a class action law suit against MTurk and Amazon in the state of Washington where they are headquartered. The good news is you'd probably win a settlement in the amount of 10 million dollars. Probably 50k per person based on amount of work performed. The bad news is that you'd be banned from using MTurk till the trial was over which would probably take 2 to 3 years. They would make US workers not eligible to work on the site. Kinda like what happened with online poker.

Is it worth it? For me it's a coin flip. I'd be happy with $35 a day but it's getting hard to make $15.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast