Exclusive Assignment Offered By Mturk Forum: $20 Reward - Email mturkcowfin@gmail.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SpeechInk

Thanks

Default SpeechInk

Have any of you tried their Video Transcription and Tagging HITs? I'm thinking about taking the qualification test, but I'm wondering just how time consuming these are and whether they're worth it.

Thanks

I haven't tried for the qualification yet because the crappy laptop, but I'll try any qualification test for them once I'm able. The test would be a good test run at the very least.

Thanks

I was looking at the instructions for those HITs and it just seems like a lot of work. I also have an old crappy computer, and I wonder if adding even more software would just kill it. o_O

If I do get a chance to try those HITs, I'll post here again with an update.

User
    Thanks

I have just submitted qualification test. Wonder how long it takes for that.

User
    Thanks

I requested for the qualification test but as soon as I looked at it, I thought to myself okay I can save this for a weekend when there are absolutely no hits available. Well, that day has come and I still don't want to do it. It just seemed like so much stuff you have to do and since I just started I think doing all that already would be a bit much for me right now. I also saw that the time allotted for the hit to be complete is a week. So it must be a lot of work to do. Are any of you guys familiar with time stamping? Is it hard? I seen a few hits a couple days ago where they were asking you to put in the time stamps every 10 seconds I believe it was.

Thanks

Nobody, I'm going to treat this thread like the cw one, if that's ok?

SpeechInk has some GREAT audio up (except for guys talking over each other) if you qualify. I can't do jobs where the audio is longer than about 2.5 minutes and these 4 to 7 minutes long. Qualification score has to be 89 or 92 for these. There's also some verbatim HITs up.

Haven't done any of their work in weeks but was happy to see they've got a lot of stuff up, just in case.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Whimsy View Post
    Nobody, I'm going to treat this thread like the cw one, if that's ok?
    I'm so glad you did. I was beginning to think I was the only one doing them. I alternate between them and CW.

Until a couple of weeks ago, I was finding tons of work from them every day. Most of the audio was either speakers with accents or fast talkers, but once you get the style guide down, you can get really fast regardless. I haven't done any for them in the past two weeks though. It's hard for me to switch back and forth between style guides because I'll use CW's stuff for theirs and vice versa.

I'll probably switch back to them if/when CW dries up again, that is if I can't find any writing HITs.

Banned
    Thanks

Wink Speechink

Quote Originally Posted by nobody View Post
    Have any of you tried their Video Transcription and Tagging HITs? I'm thinking about taking the qualification test, but I'm wondering just how time consuming these are and whether they're worth it.
    Tell me more about speehink verbatim hits and how you people feel about working for speechink hits.

User
    Thanks

I've been wanting to try some of the Speechink verbatim jobs, not really sure I'm comfortable enough with it yet though. To this point the only transcribing I've done, aside from one great $2.00 hit from a random requester, are the SpeechInk Home Inspection ones. Those are really easy though because there is only one speaker, and I get to clean things up since it is non-verbatim. Also they are quick 10-45 second clips which simplifies things.

Thanks

Are you having issues with crap editing on your Home Inspection HITS Chaos? I keep getting marked down because people somehow don't realise it's non-verbatim, despite the double warning box telling you it is, and also the UK English rule seems to stump editors too.

UK English = grey not gray, colour not color, panelled not paneled, discolour not discolor etc etc etc. When I am reviewing I am spending all my time correcting these only to find some one else has reviewed mine and changed them to US! Makes me pretty frustrated.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast